Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sympathy

Recently we were notified about the passing of one of my husbands friends.  His friend Dick was his teacher in high school.  They became friends and kept in touch throughout the years.  We exchanged Christmas Cards and each time my husband visited his home back in Massachusetts, he was sure to visit him. They would have lunch or meet at his home. The last time I was there I met him for the first time and could see why Michael and he were so fond of each other.  He was a very special man! I don't keep this kind of card around "just in case" and thankfully I don't have to make them too often, so I started looking for ideas.  I always look to my friend Tammie for inspriation - her cards are always so great - not sure there is anyone who can color as well as she does!!!  Keeping in mind that imitation is the best form of flattery, I used her idea for this card. You can see her blog at http://onehappystamper-tammiee.blogspot.com/
DETAILS: STAMPS: Stampin'Up! Thoughts & Prayers, Asian Artistry, Baroque Motifs
PAPER: Stampin'Up Basic Black CS N eenah Solar White

INK: Momento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: Scor-Pal, BigShot, Nesties, Brads Offray Ribbon, Sakura Glaze Pen, Computer generated sentiment on front

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been around to visit blogs lately, so I thought I would stop by and say hi. Hi! LOL!

    When I first saw this, I thought it looked familiar. Then I read where the inspiration came from. *grin* You did a lovely job on it and I'm sure it brought comfort to your friend's family.

    ReplyDelete