Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Grandson's 8th Grade Graduation

Card closed
It's hard to believe, but my Grandson just graduated from the 8th grade!  He's such a great guy and a great student, too!  He received awards for his work in Science and History.  His history teacher says "Brendan has the knack for asking the right questions at the right time"!   Following the end of school he was fortunate enough to be able to go on the 8th Grade history trip to Washington D.C. and New York City.  The itinerary is amazing - I wish I could have tagged along!!!
In honor of and congratulations for his accomplishments I made this graduation card.  I used SU's "Go Graduate" stamp set, which you just have to love!  I also googled his school, printed the mascot, cut him out, and adhered it to the card which I cut from SU Garden Green which matches his school colors.  The card idea is one I got from a Splitcoaststampers tutorial called Grad Hat Fun Fold Card http://dostamping.typepad.com/dostamping_with_dawn/2010/06/grads-dads-grad-hat-fun-fold-card.html  The part I loved best?  The tassel..which was very easy!!
Card opened
DETAILS:
STAMPS: "Go Graduate" by Stampin'Up
PAPER: Neenah Solar White, SU Garden Green CS
INK: Momento Tuxedo Black

ACCESSORIES: Scor-Pal, ribbon from my stash, tape gun
COPIC COLORING: G09, V09, RV09,YR23,B93, B97, E31, E35


No comments:

Post a Comment